- Swindon, UK
- TIAA Henderson Real Estate
- BCSC (British Council of Shopping Centres) Gold Awards 2015 Shortlisted
- RICS South West Award in the Building Conversation category Shortlisted
- Best Change of use of an Existing Building or Conversion Finalists
- Best Large commercial building Finalists
- The West of England LABC Building Excellence Awards 2015 Winner
Situated in Wiltshire, the English Heritage grade two star listed building at the edge of Swindon town centre has been enlarged and re-energised after a period of 15 successful years trading.
POD worked on the project from conception, after winning a competition set by the clients in 2009, and a successful planning permission was achieved in 2013. POD worked closely with English Heritage and the Conservation Department to design a successful retail solution which integrated a disused Grade 2* Listed building into the existing Centre. Many additional design features were developed within the Centre to modernise the spaces and bring exciting new solutions to the malls.
The project adds to the wider regeneration of Swindon and acts as a catalyst for the town’s future, the store locates a through route re-inventing the shopping experience. The outcome has a contemporary finish that has a duality with the industrial past becoming a destination shopping centre in the heart of Wiltshire.
The project was shortlisted at BCSC (British Council of Shopping Centres) Gold Awards 2015.